Communications and Marketing Workshop
What are prospective students looking for and how are they finding it? Review insights from the 2016 Ruffalo Noel Levitz E-expectations Report and discover tips and tools for implementing these strategies across your websites.
Learn how to frame and shoot photos and record video with your smartphone and how to edit your work with Photoshop and Adobe Premiere.
Imitation is the best form of flattery, and we're providing you with lots of inspiration to choose from in this session. See the brand in action on print and digital pieces and through outreach events.
You're just one writer. So how do you tackle writing for different audiences? Learn tips for writing to prospective students and their parents. Discover the best ways to catch the attention of current students. And get tips on how to put the right words in your thought leader's work when it comes to speeches or correspondence.
Find the best stories in your organization, learn to develop sources and engage faculty. Hear how to help faculty get comfortable — but not too comfortable — with media. Learn to develop your own toolkit.
Speed Dating With UR
Enjoy five-minute sessions on the following topics:
- Crisis Communication — What to do and who to call
- Event Planning — Learn inexpensive ways to upscale an event and how to plan for the unexpected
- Marketing/Communications Plans — How to use them, and more importantly, how to stick to them
- Advertising — Learn the do’s and don’ts of researching and placing ads
- Research — Discover the ways we can assist with research and what works best
- Design — Find out more about how University Relations can help and what templates are readily available
- Web — View in-house vs. out-of-house requests and ready-made templates
- Photography — How to request photography assistance and tips for do-it-yourself photogs
- Trademark Licensing — Learn which projects need TL approval and how to best work with the TL office
Who should be on social? Learn how to reach your audience. Discover how to strategically post for your organization or thought leader.
Re-imagine your magazine/newsletter from an editorial and a visual point of view. Discover ways to engage your readers. Learn what kind of content works best. And learn ways to highlight how to create content online.
Learn how to effectively write and plan for your next communications campaign or event. Discover the best ways to set goals and priorities while outlining strategies and tactics that make sense for your organization and budget.