Skip to main content

Become Licensed

Types of Licenses

Internal: This license allows companies to produce products for university departments and related entities at West Virginia University for internal use only. Internal licensees cannot provide product at retailers direct to consumer.

Retail License: This license allows companies to product products bearing the trademarks of collegiate institutions for sale at retail in approved retail channels and direct to consumer, as well as university departments and related entities.

NCAA/Bowl/Conference License: CLC has separate licensing process for "hot market" events, including NCAA tournaments, the College Football Playoff, bowl games, and athletic conferences.  Existing CLC licensees may apply for these programs via the Brand Manager 360 system.  For companies not currently licensed through CLC, contact CLC's NCAA & Bowl Properties Division at 770-956-0520.

How to Apply

For companies interested in becoming licensed to produce WVU branded products, please visit CLC's website for information and to download an application.

Map of WV showing Morgantown, Keyser, and Beckley locations

Our Locations